Monday, September 15, 2014

September Already 9/1/2014


Hello all my favorite people! 

Not really sure how its already September...weird. The mornings and evenings are starting to cool down but the afternoons are still sweaty. The green peppers and nasu [eggplant] are still coming in hot in the fruits basket [food basket from members]. I'm getting a little sick of them, especially since my companion won't eat them. I bought bacon today Mom, I'm getting desperate. Any other good ways to use them? Im still not eating rice, pasta or bread so something that doesnt use those :) (side note: Law Shimai and I have started a serious diet this week. We gave everything to the elders this morning. She is so committed haha.) 

This week we met with one of my favorite investigator families. They have 4 daughters and last week, only 2 joined the lesson. This week we had 3! We taught English and then the restoration. They took it all in and asked really good questions. When we asked if they had prayed this past week, they said they had prayed together as a family!!!! One of the girls had suggested it before dinner and they all prayed. Yayyy! I thought I was going to cry tears of joy. The same girl who prayed, Satsuki-chan, said she would come to church. We called everyone and told the teachers she would be coming. We waited outside for 20 min. No show. I was so disappointed. After first hour, we called her house and asked if she was coming. Turns out she was on her way and would be there any minute! We ran outside and in about 5 minutes, she came walking up the street. She didn't know it was us at first but when she realized, she started running towards us. She biked 25 minutes to come to church! She is 14 and the cutest girl ever. She was so reverent and engaged and took it all in. She even started singing hymns after listening to the first verse. I gave a talk and she wished me luck. It was fun watching her take it all in from the front. The elders also brought 2 high schoolers to church. Bishop was stoked to have young people at church. His smile was huge and he shook my hand so hard. This ward has no active yw, only 2 active ym, and almost no one in their 20s and 30s. Really really sad. But the ward is excited we are bringing young people to church. Yay! 

We are also planning a potluck on the 28th. Its my last Sunday and Im basically going to use that to my total advantage and invite anyone and everyone I have ever met here in Suehiro. Its going to be awesome! 
 
We had a zone taikai this week with Elder Todd Whiting of the Seventy. It was really really good. I learned a lot and really felt the spirit.  It was annoying that everyone and their companion had to ask if this was my last transfer. So happy Im in the inaka and we never see anyone, sheesh. I was asked to interpret into Japanese...that was a bad idea. I do not know the Bible in Japanese. It was a disaster. I had 3 people helping me, looking up scriptures, etc. Afterwards, a choro that I have never talked to before, came up to me and said `Sank you fo translatingu` Well lets just say my pride took a hit. I do a lot better translating into English. Good to know.  

Dendo [missionary] life is rich. Full of miracles, laughter, hard work, and being tired. We have so many people progressing right now and I love all of them very much. I told Law s. yesterday that the remaining weeks I have will be spent really loving everyone. Loooooove is what changes people. So grateful that Heavenly Father loves me, even when I make mistakes. 

Love you all so much and am grateful for the support!  

Love,
Sugihara Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment