Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Baptism! 5/5/2014


Dear all, 

Yes yes yes she got baptized! We had a baptismal service the morning before church (May 4th) and she received the Gift of the Holy Ghost during sacrament meeting. Apparently I didn't explain the whole baptismal service very well because she was surprised to see so many people there, but she was really happy. The whole service was a great experience and it went smoothly. There is a lot more detail but I will send you pictures of my journal entries next week. Sada-shimai was so nervous but she felt the Spirit strongly and had a good experience. She bore her testimony during sacrament meeting and since we had told her before hand, she had it all written out and ready to go. It was perfect. I don't think I've ever had an investigator understand the gospel so well before...and she's 81! She is such a special spirit.
This older shimai (far left) helped the whole way and was a great team up. They became fast friends and will most likely be lifelong friends. She got baptized 8 years ago but since then has helped 16 people get to baptism. Such a strong shimai!

I wasn't as giddy happy as I thought I would be. It was more of a peaceful "this is right" feeling. Which is usually how the Spirit works anyway but I thought that was interesting. We either visited her or called her every day so this week was dedicated to her but it was so worth it. Moiwa ward had a baptism last week as well so they had 2 baptisms in two weeks. The members are getting fired up and I think a little more interested in dendo, which always makes me happy :)
The elder who baptized her. This is our second time in the same district and we have been in the same zone for 8 transfers. It was his first time, but he did great!

 
I've never been so happy to clean something in my life. I had so much fun scrubbing the font!
And so this is how we celebrate. With ishiyaki curry!
 

Thank you for all of your love and support. And I appreciate the letters that have been coming lately! Love you all!!!!!
Love,

Sugihara Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment