Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rain! 7/28/2013


Dear Family and Friends,

This week went by scary fast. I'm not entirely sure where it went but yet again, it's P-day!

This week we had a bunch of mogi [practice] lessons. Gibbs Shimai has been practicing doing lessons with members and that's been really helpful for both of us. They give us feedback on how to improve and how we can better gear our lessons to investigators. The first one was a little rough but they got progressively better. Gibbs Shimai's Japanese is getting better! She doesn't think it is, but it is :) 

We didn't get to actually meet some of our investigators this week since it's now summer break and people are busy doing fun things with their kids. That was a bummer but I'm hopeful we'll be able to meet with them sometime soon. We actually have a new investigator that we found housing! She was really nice and although she's busy, we made an appointment to go back and teach her. We're pretty excited about her and are looking forward to meeting with her again! 

Yesterday we had dinner at a member's house and that was really fun. Eight missionaries plus some youth and single adults made quite the group haha. It felt good though to sit and eat (food not cooked by us ha) in a real house and spend time with members. We finally finally got to watch the worldwide training broadcast. It was really good! Although I definitely felt like it was geared more towards members rather than full-time missionaries. But I learned quite a bit, specifically the obvious that working with members is much more effective than finding on our own. Missionaries need the members to be effective.  I've seen that in my own dendo but watching the broadcast just reinforced it and gave me motivation to work harder with members. I understand the member/missionary role a bit better now. It's amazing how many missionaries/missions/mission presidents there are. This truly is a historic time! 

Since Obihiro has so many missionaries, we decided to do a musical number to express our gratitude to the members. It's a hard arrangement but I love it. My love for singing and music has grown quite a bit. Mom, you're going to laugh but I'm going to start taking piano lessons again when I get home. I want to be able to play more than I can right now. The shower head and my companion are my main listeners, but I love singing. One of my mission goals is to figure out how to sing alto. So far, no progress but it's going to happen! 

Transfers are next week so we'll find out on Monday night/Tuesday afternoon what's going to happen. I'm a little anxious but I know that whatever happens is what is supposed to happen. This transfer went by incredibly fast and I cant believe it's almost over but the days just keep flying by! 

I love missionary work. I love the members, the people, and our investigators. And of course, I love my companion. She's great and we have a lot of fun together. We're scary alike sometimes but we work well together. She's very patient with me and for that I'm grateful. I love the gospel! Thank you all for your love and support! It's much appreciated! I bought new stationary so I'll be sending out a few letters in the next little bit! 

Love,
Sugihara Shimai

 

No comments:

Post a Comment