Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer Is In Full Swing 8/4/2013


Dear Family and Friends, 

Summer is in full swing here. Barbecues, summer festivals, kids running around everywhere, it's great. Food was definitely is abundance this week. All ten missionaries went to an investigators house and had an okonomiyaki [cabbage pancake with shrimp,bacon,onions, etc. Delicious!] party. So good. Have you ever put mochi [pounded rice] and cheese in okonomiyaki before? It makes them super heavy but suuuper delicious.
We love okonomiyaki!
 
Then we had the ward bbq and then another dinner at a member's house. And then we went to the Obihiro summer festival today. If my face looks a little rounder in pictures...well, that's mission life I guess haha. Although, I have a new obsession with jump roping. I have a mission goal of being able to do 20 doubles in a row. It was 5, but I reached that goal in three days ha. Jump roping is exhausting, but it's good exercise and I reeally like it right now. 
Ward BBQ
 
The only bad thing about summer is that people aka our investigators are out playing and don't really have time for the missionaries. So we've been doing a lot of housing. I don't know what it's like in other missions but we keep track of how many people we talk to/contact in a day and this week was the highest it has ever been. But the number of lessons was low. But that's alright, there are those kinds of weeks.

Summer Festival in Obihiro

Although, we had an awesome lesson with one of our new investigators. She asked about whether or not missionaries have food restrictions and we taught her about the Word of Wisdom. She's an aerobics teacher and is into health and so she agreed with us fairly quickly that those things aren't healthy for our body. So that was exciting. We also taught her about Joseph Smith and asked her to pray about it and she said she didn't need to because she already believed what we said. That was definitely a first! Our next appointment is a little far away but I'm looking forward to it. As long as I'm not transferred...which I'll find out tonight or tomorrow. Can't believe I'm already starting my 4th transfer; I just got here! Time is flying by and I've never been more tired but I've never been happier! The Lord truly loves His children, wherever in the world (Alma 26:37). I love this gospel and the message of happiness it brings to people.

Thank you all for your love, prayers, and letters! Love you all!

Love,

Sugihara Shimai

 

No comments:

Post a Comment