Monday, September 29, 2014

At Peace 9/24/2014


Dear all,  

Heavenly Father loves me so much. Let me tell you why.  

So remember nephi dendo from a couple months ago? Our plans fell through, we were late starting dendo, and I was ticked. I knew I didnt have the spirit with me so I decided to just follow Law Shimai when she said lets go this way. We turned left, right, then left again. We started housing. We asked people if any families lived around there. An ojiisan [grandfather]who wasnt interested pointed us to a house. We pinged it, talked to the mom, said we could come back. Went back. Still just small talked in the genkan [front entryway], but for some reason it felt like time well spent. Went back again. Again, just small talked in the genkan. Ended with a prayer. Repeat this two more times. Each time, another one of their daughters joined us in the genkan. We finally were able to go inside and start real lessons. Lesson one, lesson two, lesson three. Yakiniku in the backyard. Daughter one praying. Daughter three praying every day by herself and leading family prayer. Daughter 4 reading Book of Mormon stories. Mom remembering what we taught that week while at work. Daughter 2 finally joining us. Dad saying the closing prayer after dinner and before we leave. The humble sense of reverence felt when the head of the household kneels with everyone and prays over his family and us missionaries. 
We made baptismal dates for Mom and all four daughters on Saturday. It is the biggest miracle and words cannot express how I felt after that lesson and dinner.   


Our beautiful family. They will all be baptized one day. And I cannot wait for that day.
 
 

Miracle 2. So about 3 weeks ago, I had a feeling I needed to write K s. from Kushiro (remember her? My favorite non-active member in Kushiro who is deaf). Well I didnt write her. The next week, felt that feeling again. Stronger. It was a long shot but I asked if she would be going to Asahikawa or Sapporo within the next 3 weeks so I could see her before I left. Figured it was worth a shot. Response came 9/19. Turns out, they were going to be in Aibetsu, the neighboring town right next to Asahikawa 9/20-9/22 and that she would be able to visit!!! Law Shimai and I were able to have dinner with them last night. I seriously thought I had died and gone to heaven. I was so so so so happy to see her and her husband. I've forgotten most of my shuwa [sign language] but it didnt matter. We had a really really good time talking and I felt like I could finish my mission right then because I was so happy. I know it was no coincidence and I know it was the Spirit that told me to write that letter. She would have never known that I was in Asahikawa.  


Sheer joy. I didnt think I would be able to see her before I left but I did! I got  to see her!! 
 
I am really at peace right now. There has been a lot of stuff going on in Suehiro that I can't explain but Kaicho [President] came yesterday and I got to have a long talk with him. I'm really happy with how things are turning out and know that I was supposed to be here at this time with Law Shimai for a reason.  

I asked Kaicho [President] for an extension. He said no. And then proceeded to tell me about God`s timing. I know things are the way they are supposed to be. I trust Heavenly Father`s timing, for me and for investigators. I love this gospel so much. I love our investigators like my own family. These members have also become family. I'm very at peace right now.  

Thank you for all of your love and support.  

Love,
SS

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment