Sunday, June 29, 2014

An Incredible Week 4/7/2014

We all came at the same time last year. And no, we didn't plan outfits.


Dear all, 



We had such a good week! We were able to meet with so many investigators and have so many lessons! And S-san [new investigator] came to all three hours of church!! I was a little afraid she would pass out or something since she started getting dizzy and really tired [she's 81 years old] but she toughed it out (not sure if that's a good thing or not) and stayed the whole time. She is also planning on taking the train to the stake center to watch conference. She is progressing so much. We made a baptism calendar with her and planned everything out for the next month. If all goes according to plan/what we're praying for, we are going to have a baptism on May 4th! Every time I see her I just want to give her a big hug. And I do :) My heart has grown tenfold since I have met her and continues to grow every day!

We had a church tour with an investigator who has never seen/been inside our church. It went really well until we invited her to be baptized. It was the 3rd or 4th time and she still has no interest in getting baptized. Which makes me sad for the obvious reasons, but also because she believes the gospel/what we teach to be true. She likes God and Jesus Christ and likes what we teach, prays every day, and feels good when she reads the Book of Mormon. But she has no intention of joining nor giving up her coffee and tobacco. So we are a little stumped as to what to keep teaching her but I know things will be okay. She is such a nice lady and I really love her and care for her happiness.
 
Another investigator got a job!! Even better, at a member's restaurant where all the employees are members. So we are really excited that she will be in such a good environment :) Not sure how often we will be able to keep meeting her but we know she is in good hands during the time we can't meet her.  

I learned a lot this week. I continue to learn about love and service daily. My companion is such an incredible example of hard work and service; sometimes I feel inadequate. But I also know that when I look back to where I was a year ago, I've grown. Speaking of which, this week was my year mark in Japan. I was actually really depressed that day but I took a video with my companion (who came on the same plane as me!) and so that made for a good memory. I can't believe it's already been a year since I have been year. Kind of scares me. A lot. But I feel like I am sloooooowly becoming the missionary I know the Lord knows I can be so that is comforting.

It snowed this week. Wind, snow blowing sideways, the works. We had to ditch the bikes for 2 days but now we're back on them. I went back to my down coat since it was so cold. But I'm hoping now that things will get warmer. So while the cherry blossoms are blooming in Tokyo and Jonathan is dying of heat in Thailand, I'm still wearing a down coat and using hand warmers. Love it :)
This is my ride for the next 6 months. My sweet Satsuki-chan, how I love her.


This gospel is so so true. I am so excited for conference and so excited to hear what a living prophet has to say to us. This is truly the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and I am so happy to be a part of it.

Thank you for all of your love and support. The letters are much appreciated :) Please pray for our investigators, they need it! Love you all!!!!!
Check out my hairrrrrr. And yes, it fit under a helmet :)
 

Love,
Sugihara Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment