Sunday, November 3, 2013

Six Months! 9/15/2013


Dear Family and Friends,

Last week of the transfer done! Also hit my 6 month mark, which is crazy. I can't believe how fast time went. I still feel like a bean [new missionary] and like I just got here! My planner says Sept but it feels like April in my mind...weird huh? I decided to be silly and take a 6 month picture like a bunch of preggo moms/new moms do. Of course all of the roomies wanted to do it too so we have a bunch of fun taking pictures.
 
Transfer calls come tonight or tomorrow, depending on if I'm a trainer. I hope my call comes tomorrow :) Its only Monday but this week is going to be crazy (like all transfer weeks are). We have got a big activity today for Pday, an FHE tonight, a farewell dinner tomorrow for a choro [elder] going home, and then we have a sister training meeting on Thursday and then we have stake conference in Sapporo on Sunday. Its nuts. Amidst all of this we get to pack, say goodbye to our investigators, and clean the apartment. Fun fun! But really, I love it.  

Nothing too incredibly exciting happened this week. We visited quite a few members, non-actives, and went housing a lot. We are trying to building our investigator pool so that's our focus right now. Along with visiting as many non-actives as we can. A recently returned missionary just got called to be dendo shunin [Ward Mission Leader] assistant so I think there are going to be some major changes in how Obihiro dendos. Its going to be great because he has a lot of dendo fire and is ready to work.  

 
I love being a missionary and I love this work. The gospel changes lives and brings blessings unimaginable! Thank you for all of your love and support!

Love,
Sugihara Shimai 

ps. As silly as the pictures are, we really do work hard during the day. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment